Article: Psy releases official statement about anti-America song
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+452, -84] Psy is realistic. Either way, I fully understand why Americans would be angry about this considering that Psy generalized the entire American army in his lyrics. Apologizing was the realistic decision, and it was right of him to thank freedom of speech because what he said is justified under that.
2. [+367, -93] I'm glad he specifically apologized for "inflammatory and inappropriate language"... It would've been a bit... if he had apologized for singing "that song"
3. [+300, -72] There will probably be people who will still hate on him even after Psy said all this. Understand that Psy did not apologize for the song but for his choice of language. It was a realistic apology.
4. [+49, -12] Yeah, I agree that he should've apologized for generalizing the entire American army like that.
5. [+45, -8] Looking at this coldly, I see it as the end of his career considering he's an Asian artist talking about slowly killing American soldiers... Americans have the utmost respect for their soldiers.