Kim Chungha talks about feeling pressured over being called the 'Post-Lee Hyori'


Article: [Kim Chungha Interview] "Post Lee Hyori? A lot of pressure"

Source: News 1 via Naver

- There are opinions that you are the second Lee Hyori
"That's a lot of pressure. I'm lucky that people view me positively but it also means that I have to fulfill those expectations. It makes me worried as to whether I can fulfill them since I'm still lacking in a lot of areas."

1. [+260, -19] Not that I don't like Chungha or anything but Lee Hyori has an image all her own, I'd really like it if nobody was called the post anything

2. [+230, -14] Post Lee Hyori...? Definitely not at that level

3. [+184, -26] There is no current idol who can hold a candle to Lee Hyori. Hyuna? She can't sing, her looks aren't up to par, and she looks cheap. Lee Hyori is Lee Hyori. Her singing wasn't that great at first but she practiced a lot and improved later on. She's also super pretty and sexy and has great variety skills. She's truly one of a kind.

4. [+32, -4] Lee Hyori was huge back int he day, she's not a name to just stick on anyone. She was a trend of her own. There's no idol now who can take her place and I doubt there will be one in the future.

5. [+27, -3] It's been a while since an article title pissed me off like this

6. [+26, -2] We've seen so many people claim to be the post Lee Hyori but they're all gone now, I don't even remember their names

7. [+25, -2] What makes Lee Hyori and Rain so amazing is that they were only in their twenties when they were eating up the industry whole back in the 2000s. They were already at the top of their class as solos at such a young age.

8. [+20, -5] Chungha seems like the type who is overly cautious to try and convey this image of being super respectful. It's rather boring and makes it seem like she's hiding something.

9. [+10, -22] She's so sexy and charismatic when she dances but she's a total baby off stage ㅋㅋㅋ she has a lot of charms

10. [+4, -0] It's just teen fans who are calling her that without knowing anything. It's meaningless because the rest of us can tell that she's not Lee Hyori.

-